Join us for a table read of several short film scripts written by Austin screenwriters.
Austin Film Meet Wordsmiths Screenplay Feedback Session for Screenwriters
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
6:30 – 8:30 pm
WHERE: Ruiz Branch Library
1600 Grove Blvd, Austin, TX 78741
Library Phone: 512-974-7500
This month we will be doing a group table read of several short scripts to include:
SUPER GLUE - Family-friendly Short Film by H.Cherdon
- TRISTA - F - 10 - to be read by JC - A hopeful young girl who dreams about becoming a pilot and flying away from her troubled home.
- HARRY - M - 10 - to be read by GREGORY SPRADLING - A smart, geeky but highly loyal and thoughtful boy who tries to make his best friend feel better.
- CANDY - F - 30s - to be read by JANELLE CIACCIO - Trista's Mom, not a great mom. Alcoholic.
- LISA - F - 30s - to be read by KATHRYN DANFORTH - Trista's Mom's girlfriend. Laid back. Likes kids.
- NARRATOR - to be read by CHARLOTTE SHAFER - reads all action descriptions and scene headers
HOPESTUCK - Short film by Aslan Hollier
- AMBER - F - to be read by NIKKI SCIORE - nanny of two who is tired of being cooped up on the weekends and tired of dealing with children.
- BEN - M - to be read by AHMAD SHREIDI - a construction worker who wants to relax inside on days off and acts like a child
- NARRATOR - to be read by MARK VITTEK - reads all action descriptions and scene headers
ARE WE THERE YET? - Short film by Savannah Power
- HANNAH - F - 20s - to be read by ABIGAIL ROSE - 20 something millennial, living with her boyfriend Paul in Boston. She's struggled with depression and anxiety her whole life, but has never seen it manifested in a romantic relationship before. She loves Paul very much but can’t shake the feeling that something is wrong.
- PAUL - M - 25 - to be read by ASLAN HOLLIER - kind-hearted and cheerful - he has no idea what depression is like and has never experienced it. He loves being Hannah’s partner in life and is in it for the long haul.
- SARAH - M - 20s - to be read by DEVON RAGSDALE - a mid western gal living in the big city! She has dreams of being an actress, even though she’s still confined to a 4 beds per room type living situation in NYC. While attending a Christian college in NYC, she recently converted to Christianity and her now fiancée Trevor; while it happened in a whirlwind and she is a bit scared, she has to believe it will work out.
- TREVOR - M - 20s - to be read by CRISTOBAL BARRERA - devout Christian; has been searching for a while to find a wife as is tradition in his family. He met Sarah 6 months ago, and asked her to marry him. He would never put down other’s beliefs about religion, but he knows deep down the Christianity is the real truth. He feels a bit bad for Hannah and all the doubts she has about Paul. It makes him feel better about his love for Sarah because he doesn’t question anything.
- Vendor - to be read by ____ - one line -
- Woman 1, Roommate - to be read by ASHLESHA SHASTRI - one line
- Man - to be read by ____ - one line
- Woman 2, Roommate - to be read by ASHLESHA SHASTRI - one line
- Narrator - to be read by MADISON BIAGLOW - reads all action descriptions and scene headers
Hope you can join us!
We welcome writers at all levels. Beginning and experienced writers are welcome.
Readers without scripts are also welcome as we always need readers and a lot can be learned from reading. Hope you can join us!
HOSTED BY: Aslan Hollier & H.Cherdon
Event date is past