How to Send an Email to the Austin Film Meet community through the AFM Google Group Listserv
The AFM listserv operates as an online resource to the Austin and Central Texas film, video and interactive production communities and was intended to replace the community bulletin board. The AFM listserv is open to anyone with an interest in Central Texas production community. AFM Membership is not required.
Please subscribe to the list and select frequency & format options at: http://groups.google.com/group/AustinFilmMeet
DO make sure your subject line is short, sweet and to-the-point.
For example, if you've got a casting call for a film called Snot, your subject line might look like this: "Snot - Casting Call". Or if you are sending a notice about a function or event, it should look like this: "Reel Women Meeting - 5/18". For date specific entries, please list the date in the subject. Avoid subject lines like this: "Super cool party this weekend needs extras and camera guy." Too many words, not to-the-point enough.
DO include as much information as possible about your project.
Of course the more information the better. Use these questions as a guideline for what info you should include. Items in bold are required.
- Title of Project or Working Title
- Short or Feature or Project Type
- 1-2 sentence synopsis
- Character Breakdowns (if for casting call)
- Is this project Non-paid, Paid or Deferred?
- Will meals be provided
- Available crew positions
- Time/location of auditions
- Tentative shooting schedule
- Tentative shooting locations (cities)
- Specific format, film or video (35mm, 16mm, HD, DV, etc.)
- Intended distribution: direct to video, cable, theatrical, cable access, internet, CD/DVD, in-house industrial, point of sale industrial, director's reel, trailer, festival circuit
- Contact info, at least an email
- Will you accept JPGs via email?
DO NOT forget contact info.
Seems a lot of people forget this one. An email seems to get the most response, but we recommend including a phone number as well, and a website link if one applies.
DO NOT send duplicates, that's more than one email per week about a particular event or project. You may send multiple emails provided that each new email has new info.
So, if you think you're ready, you can submit your message to the group by sending your email directly to: email@example.com. Thanks!
Got a question not listed here? Please send your questions to the organizer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.